Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Boys will be boys

We recently celebrated my niece's 8th birthday over at my parent's house. Before the festivities began my brother, my husband, and my nephew went outside for an innocent game of dodge ball. Well actually it was more like Bryan and Adam trading off turns pelting Nicholas with the balls as he ran screaming with excitement and laughter -Nicholas never returned the favor. Oh and Bryan and Adam were just as into the game as Nicholas -you should have seen them. Though they got a little too into it as one time they both pelted Nicholas at the same time (one ball hit him in the back and one in the head). The game had to stop for a few moments b/c Nicholas was crying. :( When asked if he wanted to stop playing though he took a big sigh and through his sniffles replied "NO!" And then the game began again with the same amount of enthusiasm!
Though quite amusing it also gave me a look into my future - - watching these same two men pelting my son with balls as he runs around with excitement! And here is the perfect picture of the game...now can't you just see Isaac in place of Nicholas?? I promise in 3 or 4 years I will be blogging this identical situation and pictures. Boys will be boys!


3 comments:

Adam Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I think "men" will use any opportunity to "rough house" - it reminds them of "days gone by", but they tend to forget that they are a lot stronger now..... It's good that Nicholas is tough but also has a real sweet/good nature/attitude. Where was I during the "game"?

Eli's Lids said...

LOL! That was a funny story.