Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twlight

I am in a book club and I LOVE book club. Not only do I get to read great, interesting books (most of the time), but I get to hang out with my girl friends at least once a month for discussion and chatting!

This month we read Twlight and last night we went to see the movie. Oh my Lord it was so painful to watch!! Now I didn't enjoy the book at all so I wasn't expecting much anyway...but oh dear Lord! It was so awful! Actually I take that back...it was awful for me. I'm not a big romance kinda girl so all the lovey dovey talk really makes me sick. But besides that I was not the intended audience for this movie's or the book's for that matter. This is for young, teenage girls. And I do think if I was 14 years younger I would have loved this book and movie. But as I am not 14 years old, I was literally trying to entertain myself through the movie by texting Adam. A lot of girls in my book club did like the book though -for it's romance and because it was a fun, simple read. Maybe it's just me!!! Oh well - at least I got out of the house for a few hours. That's rare!!!