Sunday, November 23, 2008

2008

This year has truly been one with extreme highs and extreme lows for our family. This year was the birth of our beautiful son Isaac and has been full of all the joys and amazing blessings that he has brought with him. But in the past few months, we have been bombarded with some awful circumstances and events. We agonized over the decision of whether I would continue to work full time after Isaac was born for months. We finally decided that I should quit my job and be a stay at home mom. Our rationale: you only live once, your son is only this little once, and for me to be home with him and raising him is worth the sacrifice in income and life style. We also decided it was worth our townhouse -without my income we could no longer afford our mortgage payments. We felt/feel good about our decision. We are fine living in an apartment again if it comes to that -though we are still praying that we can strike a deal with the bank to modify our loan.

Then the unpleasant part of the year struck -Adam got laid off with severance! We just went from two incomes to none in one month. This was a huge blow to us, as you can imagine. If it were just Adam and I that would be one thing, but having Isaac changes everything. Now we have to pay for third party insurance (which FYI is not cheap) and go on a VERY strict budget.

In the end I know God will provide for us and He will work this situation out for us. Adam has already filed for unemployment and amazingly we got a very quick response. Adam has had a number of really great interviews -one in particular that seems to be panning out. Most of all, Adam is a very hard working, resourceful guy and I know God will grant him a job soon. As for me, I am going to pick up jobs babysitting and doing various other random things to bring home extra income. Though Adam losing his job was awful to us financially it still hasn't deterred us from our goal to have me stay home with Isaac. Raising our son is most important to us.

We are also blessed with the most loving and amazing family and friends that will and do help us at a moments notice. So through it all God has truly blessed us and we are so thankful to Him for our lives and all the blessings in it!!!!

I promise that remaining postings will not be so serious!!! :)

1 comment:

Eli's Lids said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you are blogging :)
http://elislids.blogspot.com/